Scott and White Clinic (S&W) Division of Research & Education
Founded in 1897, Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Scott, Sherwood and Brindley Foundation, along with the Scott and White Clinic and the Scott and White Health Plan make up one of the largest multi-specialty group practices in the United States. The network serves 32 remote facilities including clinics and administrative offices to include 18 counties covering 25,000 square miles of Central Texas. Approximately 1.5 million patient visits are completed annually by 550 Scott & White physicians, all of whom hold faculty appointments with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine. Joint funding from S&W, Texas A&M University System Health Science Center and Central Texas Veterans Health Care System led to establishment of several research institutes including the Cardiovascular Research Institute. Electronic extraction of data within this network is conducted by six trained analysts at the Clinical Data Analysis Lab. The Clinical Research Unit provides personnel to assist in the conduct of clinical studies and basic research. Located three blocks from the main campus, the Unit is staffed by 37 Research Coordinators, including, 24 full time Registered Nurse Clinical Studies Coordinators and 13 research assistants and medical technicians. In addition, a total of 23 Research Technicians support basic research.
|Parent Organization: Scott and White
CVRN Member & Location
|Division of Research Education Temple, TX
|CVRN Center contact: Catherine McNeal, MD, PhD
*Includes basic science and clinical science researchers